Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Tricky and mean - episode #1 in a long, long series

I really don’t like the sound of the ‘subliminal’ cues being incorporated into planned Coalition advertisements attacking Mark Latham.
The ads will feature images of Mr Latham accompanied by a particular sound aimed at triggering a negative memory response whenever it is heard.

Talk about tricky and mean. Sounds too close to thought control for me. As I suspected, it sounds like nothing will be too low or venomous in its negativity for the Coalition in this campaign.

And how this type of advertising fits in with in with John Howard’s statement that:
“I’m not going to attack Mr Latham as a man, I never have. I’m not interested in all that stuff, I’m not the least bit interested in it.”

Then again, John Howard will probably disassociate himself from whomever is producing the commercials, and then claim never to have seen them.

Stay tuned for many, many more episodes and perhaps some one-off specials, probably also some repeats, wouldn't be surprised to see some celebrity appearances, some 'cross-over' episodes.....

No comments: