Tuesday, November 09, 2004

The last word

Hopefully, the last word on Pandagate has beeen posted in the form of an email expose by Rob Corr. For all those who have been following the sorry saga, the emails reporduced in Rob's post are truly entertaining. I must admit to finding great mirth in two things:

- Andrew Bolt got involved in some petty student-politicking
- Alex Lew thinks he's allowed to put (BA/LLB IV)(Melbourne) after his name because he is in the fourth year of an Arts/Law degree. Comicstriphero, if you're out there, can you let me know if this is in/correct? I suspect he may be talking out of his arse...as does Melbourne Lefty and everybody else in the blog world. Please tell us we are wrong if that is the case. As ML points out, this could lead to all sorts of wonderful letters: by Alex's reckoning I should have BA I(Syd), BA(UWS), MInfSys 1(UNSW), MIMS 1(Monash), MA I(Syd) after my name. Yes, I have actually enrolled in that many degrees. The two aborted Masters I blame on having a baby, I am still enrolled in the third. And halfway through an essay on poetry, which I am off to finish, ciao-ciao.

2 comments:

comicstriphero said...

"Alex Lew thinks he's allowed to put (BA/LLB IV)(Melbourne) after his name because he is in the fourth year of an Arts/Law degree. Comicstriphero, if you're out there, can you let me know if this is in/correct?"

What a dickwad.

Postnominals specifying qualifications are supposed to do just that, specify QUALIFICATIONS!

Being in fourth year of a combined arts/law degree (at which point you become a full time law student) only qualifies you to have some kind of nervous breakdown as you realise you really are undertaking a law degree and all the fun of your arts degree is now officially behind you.

The way people desperately claw away at their own credibility will never cease to amaze me.

Georg Hibberd said...

Er, that should be Poetry Essay I (Sydney) thank very much!